So IT outsourcing—is that a thing? You bet, and it’s called Operations-as-a-Service.
IT Outsourcing and Then Some
Most kids dream of being Captain Kirk or Derek Jeter or a ballerina veterinarian, not spending countless hours dealing with IT headaches. Operations-as-a-Service can’t hook you up with NASA or the Yankees, and it can’t take away your severe allergy to cats (sorry), but it certainly can free you up to pursue your business goals without worrying about networks, servers, and broken printers.
Operations-as-a-Service gives you full-service IT operations for your small- to medium-sized business.
• Unlimited onsite and remote support, whenever you need it.
• Advanced, continuous monitoring to get out in front of problems before they happen.
• Backup and disaster recovery planning and execution.
• Full root-cause analysis so your IT makes sense for your business, and so that problems are actually solved, not just given a Band-Aid.
• Vendor management so you have an advocate and go-between to translate your business needs to your technology vendors.
• Peace of mind knowing that your IT works for you rather than the other way around.
• Total coverage of any breakdown or problem with your computers, servers, networks, printers, laptops, tablets, phones, and other devices—with no hourly add-on charges, no overtime, no surprises, ever.
Operations-as-a-Service won’t configure your email server to make you dinner because this isn’t Star Trek (again, sorry), but pretty much anything else you need from your IT happens within the context of your monthly subscription.